It was a satisfying experience to see these cupcakes rised and blossomed into little happy faces.
Recipe for 36 happy small cupcakes
- 150g of cold cooked rice
- 7g of 'wine' cake (purchased from TCM store)
- 250g of rice flour
- 350ml of water
- 150g of sugar
- 4 pandan leaves
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp Eno
- Crush wine cake and sprinkle on top of cold rice. Let it rest for 2 days.
- Blend the rice mix in 175ml of water.
- In a separate pot, boil 175ml of water, sugar and pandan leaves. Let it cool.
- Mix sugar mixture with rice flour.
- Add the dough to rice mix.
- Let it rest for 2 hours.
- Add baking powder and eno into the batter. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the batter into 4 bowls and mix with desired colourings.
- Pour the batter into paper cups.
- Steam for 12 minutes.
Best eaten warm!