I never quite like Jamie Oliver's creation as they did not managed to convince me to try. However after I watched his podcast, I found a tempting Banana Tarte which hit right on my sweet tooth. So I tried. It is so easy to make!
My hubby and I loved the caramalized bananas. Yummy!
Recipe for one 8-inch tarte:
1/2 packet of puff pastry
2 Large Del-Monte bananas (Skinned, Halved and sliced halves)
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 orange zest
- In a non-stick 8 inch pie pan, heat sugar, butter, cinnamon powder and orange zest over low fire.
- Stir well till smooth and golden brown. Put the bananas on top of the caramel.
- Roll the puff pastry to 1/2 cm thick and lay over the pan.
- Trim or tuck the excess pastry into the sides of the pan.
- Poke some holes in the pastry with a fork to allow air to exit during baking.
- Bake the tarte at 180 degree Celsius for 15mins or golden brown.
- Turn the tarte upside down.
- Serve warm with ice cream.