Monday, February 28, 2011

Caramelized Banana Tarte

I never quite like Jamie Oliver's creation as they did not managed to convince me to try. However after I watched his podcast, I found a tempting Banana Tarte which hit right on my sweet tooth. So I tried. It is so easy to make!


My hubby and I loved the caramalized bananas. Yummy!


Recipe for one 8-inch tarte:
1/2 packet of puff pastry
2 Large Del-Monte bananas (Skinned, Halved and sliced halves)
100g caster sugar
20g Butter
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 orange zest

Steps:
  1. In a non-stick 8 inch pie pan, heat sugar, butter, cinnamon powder and orange zest over low fire.
  2. Stir well till smooth and golden brown. Put the bananas on top of the caramel.
  3. Roll the puff pastry to 1/2 cm thick and lay over the pan.
  4. Trim or tuck the excess pastry into the sides of the pan.
  5. Poke some holes in the pastry with a fork to allow air to exit during baking.
  6. Bake the tarte at 180 degree Celsius for 15mins or golden brown.
  7. Turn the tarte upside down.
  8. Serve warm with ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment