Monday, April 4, 2011

Tantalising Bourbon Basted Ribs

Listen to your husband... Well, to be precise. Listen to your husband's stomach.
As there is a proverb that says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, do you agree?

My hubby came back one day after lunch and started raving about the bourbon ribs he had at Aston's. He said that the ribs were so delicious that he did not mind having it for the next few meals. Hmph... That's is not right I thought to myself. Something must be done!

So I went to ask Google for help.... "Bourbon Ribs". There were many recipes but it takes some experience to know what will work and what won't. So I compared the recipes and finally picked on one. However I still had to do some modifications.

As the name of the dish states, "BOURBON"! I realised that I did not had that liquor in my "collection". So I put on hold the attempt for a while till recently I managed to get it in DFS during my Bangkok trip.



Recipe for 2 person

Ingredients
  • 1 small onion, cut into thin slices
  • Oil for frying
  • 200ml Bourbon Whiskey
  • 100ml Tomato Ketchup
  • 100g Soft brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp Worcheshire Sauce
  • 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
  • Baby Pork Ribs (About 12-16 bones)
Steps
  1. Fry the small onion in oil till soft and fragrant.
  2. Add in all ingredients except pork ribs.
  3. Bring to a boil. Simmer it for 5 minutes till alcohol has cooked off.
  4. Put in a food processor to blend till smooth.
  5. Set aside to cool.
  6. Take half of the sauce to marinade the pork ribs. Keep the other half in fridge.
  7. Season the pork ribs overnight in the fridge.
  8. Next day, preheat the oven to 130 degree celsius. Bake the ribs for 45 minutes.
  9. Turn up the temperature to 180 degree celsius.
  10. Bake the ribs for another 1 hour or till it is tender and cooked through.
  11. Baste the ribs. Repeat 3 - 4 times during the process.
  12. In a pan, heat up the other half of the sauce till it thickens.
  13. Serve the ribs with thickened sauce drizzled on it.




This is a recipe to die for!!! After serving this dish to my hubby, Aston's ribs no more! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment