It's Dessert Time
Sorry folks for putting this up late. I was rather surprised with the influx of visitors here for the past few days. I guessed it is due to my post on facebook. So I better put up the recipe for all to try.
|Pearl Sago in Coconut Cream with Vanilla Scented Pineapple Marmalade|
Recipe (modified from atSunrice)
- 250g Sago pearls
- 300g Coconut cream (Fresh is ideal!)
- 700g Pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 100g Sugar
- 10g Corn starch, mix with 2 tbsp of water
- Half a vanilla pod, slit it and remove its pulp for use (can be replace with 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract)
- Boil a pot of water (approx 1.5 litres).
- Add in sago pearls in boiling water and boil at at medium heat.
- Remove the sago pearls with a sieve when it is cooked and clear.
- Wash in tap water and drain.
- In a separate pot, boil the coconut cream. Add a pinch of salt. Remove and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sago with prepared coconut cream.
- Put them is serving cups/ moulds.
- In a separate pot, cooked pineapple with sugar and vanilla pod and its pulp.
- Cook the pineapple till the juice dries up.
- Add in corn starch mixture to thicken.
- Remove and let it cool in fridge.
- Serve the marmalade on top of the sago pudding.
- Best eaten cold.