Hence I made this one-dish meal and dedicate to all SAHMs. I hope you can save some cooking time and spend more time caring for your loved ones.
- 1 1/2 cup of Jasmine rice (rice cooker's cup), washed and drained
- 5 medium Dried Shitake mushrooms, soaked till soft and diced
- 2 tbsp Dried Shrimps, soaked
- 2 small Yams, approx 1 cup, diced
- 30g Pork belly, sliced (optional)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dark Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cooking oil
- In a heated wok over medium fire, add 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add in shallots. Fry till golden brown. Remove shallots and leave the oil in wok.
- Add in soaked dried shrimps into wok. Fry till fragrance, about 2 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms. Fry till fragrance, about 1 minute.
- Add in pork slices. Fry till opaque.
- Add in yam. Stir well.
- Add in seasoning such as oyster sauce, dark and light soya sauce, salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Add in rice. Stir well and make sure all rice is coated evenly.
- Add in half of the fried shallots.
- Pour into a rice cooker and add in water.
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker. The usual process takes place.
- But you may choose to cook the rice in the wok. Reduce fire to low and cover.