Don't let the usual barbecue look of these chicken pieces fool you. These chicken pieces are packed with goodness to activate your taste sensors and let them relive your best moments. This is a MUST try! I shall keep this post short so you can go cook NOW!
Recipe (Serves 4)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/8 cup finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of Red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Light soya sauce
- 1/2 cup Apricot preserves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks
- Fry the shallots, ginger and onions in oil in a small saucepan, over medium heat.
- When it softened and turned golden, add in red wine vinegar. Boil until it reduced by about half.
- Add light soya sauce, apricot preserves, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, blend the liquid until smooth.
- Cool the liquid to room temperature.
- Marinade the drumsticks with the liquid. You may use a ziploc bag. Put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- On a baking tray, lay 2 layers of aluminium sheets. Grease lightly.
- Arrange drumstick in 1 layer on sheet.
- Roast the chicken, turning once, for 40 minutes.