I learnt this recipe from an 'Italian cookies' baking class in Boston Center of Adult Education. These cookies taste so good especially so for me as I LOVE Sesame seeds. The punch that the aromatic seeds have is really awesome. This cookies are great with coffee or tea. Can you picture yourself sipping a cuppa and munching on these lovely cookies on a fine Sunday afternoon? Interestingly, I always thought that sesame seeds are from the East!
Recipe (For 4 dozens)
1 Large Egg
1/2 cup Shortening
1 1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Sesame seeds, raw
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening with sugar, egg and vanilla essence.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt into the sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Using hands, take a handful of dough and roll into a rope.
- Cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- Coat the pieces with sesame seeds.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or till light golden brown.