I suddenly want to make some meatballs.Tasty meatballs to go with some pasta. I did some research on the internet and talked to some experts. It is rather different from what the Chinese would do for meatballs. I narrowed to some key ingredients for delicious meatballs: Mixed meat (beef and pork), cheese, breadcrumbs and herbs.
I find this recipe reaps nice meatballs with tender and bouncy (QQ) texture. The taste is yummy but subtle. The sauce which I feature here is very good but if you have a favorite recipe or a ready-made sauce, I am sure it will work too!
Recipe (25 meatballs)
- 400g Ground Beef
- 150g Ground Pork
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix them well.
- Roll the mixture into meatballs about golf ball size.
- In a pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in the meatballs carefully, sear all sides till brown. Remove when done.
- All them into tomato sauce. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 1 large can of Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 1/2 Green pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in garlic and onion. Saute till fragrance and onions turn transparent.
- Add in green pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomato puree.
- Add in seasoning and meatballs.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkled Parmesan cheese.