Panna Cotta is a very common Italian dessert. It is very simple to make. You can make it in advanced and serve them chilled in pretty little glasses at your parties. There is a variety of accompanied sauces, flavourings or toppings which it goes well with. But today I would like to share a simple and easy-to-make recipe which gives you an idea of the creamy Italian puddings.
Recipe (Four 3" molds)
- 1 Gelatin Package, approx 1 tbsp
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence (You can opt for 1/2 Vanilla pod or 1 tsp Vanilla paste)
- 3 tbsp Cold water
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Mint leaves (Optional)
- Mix the gelatin powder in the cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat heavy cream, milk and 1/3 cup sugar over medium heat.
- When it starts to boil, remove from heat and add in vanilla essence and gelatin mixture. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture equally among your molds. Cover and chill the puddings for at least 4 hours.
- In a separate saucepan, simmer the blueberries, blackberries, honey and 3 tbsp sugar until the sauce turns to a thick consistency. Chill.
- To serve, remove the Panna Cotta from the mold to a plate. Drizzle with berries sauce and top it with a mint leaf.