I guess everyone shares the same fear as me when it comes to frying food....
- Will my batter turns out crispy?
- Will my batter stay crispy?
- Will my batter coat my food well?
- Will my batter taste good?
- and the questions go on...
Fear no more. Solution is here! This recipe is tried and tested. And for those who has tasted Brewerks Onion Rings. Now you can make your very own Beer battered onion Rings.
Recipe for Beer Battered Fish and Onion Rings with Lemon Mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can of Beer (325ml)
- 110g of self raising flour
- 110g of plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of five spice powder
Food items to be fried
- 600g of White fish (e.g. cod), cut into thick slices
- 1 yellow onion, cut into thick rings
- Mix the ingredients for lemon mayonnaise well and stored in the refrigerator.
- Whisk all the ingredients for beer batter into a smooth batter. It may look a little to watery but don't worry.
- Heat the oil.
- Coat the fish and onion rings with batter and fry when oil is hot.
- Enjoy with the lemon mayonnaise. The lemony mayo will helps to refresh your palate from the deep fried food.