I am sure everyone has this urge to duplicate the recipe when you chanced upon an excellent dish.
It was my hubby's birthday and we went to DB Bistro Moderne at Marina Bay Sands. The service was excellent and we were introduced to "Crab Salad" as it was the special of the day. As expected, we enjoyed it thoroughly. "I wish I could make that!" I said to myself.
I surfed the net and browsed Daniel Boulud's links. After some research, I came up with this recipe. It tastes refreshing and definitely a keep! Great for a warm day or evening appertizer!
Recipe (for 5 servings)
- 1 cup of Crab meat
- 8 medium-sized Prawns, boiled till cooked (turned red), cut into 1/2 cm dices
- 1/2 Cucumber, remove seeds and cut into 1/2 cm dices
- 1/2 Avocado, cut into 1/2 cm dices
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- A dash of Parprika
- 1/2 tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of shredded iceberg lettuce
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Crab: Steam 2 live medium-sized crabs for about 7-8 minutes and deshell them to get approximately 1 cup of meat. You may opt to buy ready-deshelled crab meat available in Cold Storage.
- Prawns: Boil prawns in a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove and deshell.
- Avocado: Drizzle 1 tsp of lemon juice to avocado to prevent it from browning (Oxidize).
- Mix crab meat, prawn, cucumber, avocado, chopped coriander and onion in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the sauce. Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, parprika, lemon peel, salt and black pepper.
- Mix the ingredients with the sauce well. Do not stir too vigorously as the crab meat will disintegrate. You want to 'eat' the crab meat.
- Keep in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Lay the plate with shredded iceberg lettuce, top with the prepared salad.
- You may drizzle the sauce at the side of the plate.
- Serve cold.