While, I still can savour the summer berries, tonight it is a night which we must have dessert with raspberries. Something light, fresh and quick.
USA produces approximately 13% of world's raspberries supply. It is commonly made into puree or syrup. However we should eat it fresh. The fruit has up to 20% fibre per total weight. This fruit is very expensive in Singapore and do not last long in the refrigerator after purchase.
Puffs filled with Fresh Custard and Raspberries
Recipe good for 12 mini puffs
- Frozen Puff pastry (Thaw for 30 min)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cups of Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 250ml Heavy Cream (or whipping cream)
- 170ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Mix egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a small saucepan.
- Add cream and milk. Mix the ingredients until smooth.
- Over medium heat, stir the sauce till it thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Add in vanilla and mix well. Put aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Roll the pastry to 2-3mm thick. Using a 1.5" round cutter, cut the pastry into round circles.
- Lay the cut circles on parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut the puff into half, sandwich with custard and raspberries.
- Wrap with cellophane and put in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold. You may like to sprinkle with some icing sugar.
This custard recipe is really nice and refreshing. You will scrutinize other custard after having this!