I have been making this Cornflakes Butter Cookies for a few years. It has always been a hit as it is crunchy and extremely addictive. I used to take orders for these cookies but as schedule has stopped me from doing so I currently make small batches for my relatives and friends to sustain their craving for this all-time-favourite.
Chinese New Year Goodies 2:
Cornflake Butter Cookies
I learnt this from the Community Club (CC). I must say that CCs have many things to offer and courses are offered at very affordable prices. I would like to say that our government is probably the one and only that set up community centres for her citizens to gather, share and learn as a community.
1 egg yolk
350 self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 box of cornflakes
Some sugared cherries
- Cream the butter with sugar and vanilla till cream and fluffy.
- Add in egg and egg yolks slowly.
- Fold in the flour.
- Add in half of the cornflakes.
- Remove and roll the dough into small round balls.
- Coat the balls with remaining cornflakes.
- Top with a small piece of cut cherry.
- Bake for 160 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.