Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year Specials: Cornflakes Butter Cookies

I have been making this Cornflakes Butter Cookies for a few years. It has always been a hit as it is crunchy and extremely addictive. I used to take orders for these cookies but as schedule has stopped me from doing so I currently make small batches for my relatives and friends to sustain their craving for this all-time-favourite.

Chinese New Year Goodies 2:

Cornflake Butter Cookies
I learnt this from the Community Club (CC). I must say that CCs have many things to offer and courses are offered at very affordable prices. I would like to say that our government is probably the one and only that set up community centres for her citizens to gather, share and learn as a community.

Recipe:
250g Butter
150g sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
350 self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 box of cornflakes
Some sugared cherries

Steps:
  1. Cream the butter with sugar and vanilla till cream and fluffy.
  2. Add in egg and egg yolks slowly.
  3. Fold in the flour.
  4. Add in half of the cornflakes.
  5. Remove and roll the dough into small round balls.
  6. Coat the balls with remaining cornflakes.
  7. Top with a small piece of cut cherry.
  8. Bake for 160 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment