Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crispy Apple Fritters

Food here is seasonal and it makes me feel that "I better eat as much I can eat now else when season is over there is no more". I guess if I were to choose two food produce to represent autumn in New England, it will be apples and pumpkins/squash. Apples are in abundance now and there are different kinds of apples lined up in all farmers markets. I think an apple phobia may be developing soon. Haha!


Someone said to me that she would recommend anyone who wants to cook apples to bake apple crumble because it is so easy and simple. Well, I want to say I found something easier to make and will definitely put a smile on anyone's face. Yea, apple fritters. 


There are few ways to have it. Coated with cinnamon sugar, drizzled with PURE maple syrup and walnuts or pair with delicious vanilla ice cream. 




Recipe (24 fritters)
Ingredients:
·        2 apples, peeled and cored, cut into 12 slices.
·        1 cup of Plain flour
·        1 tsp of Baking powder
·        1 tbsp of Sugar
·        1/4 tsp of Salt
·        1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder
·        1 cup of Beer (Or soda water)
·        Cooking oil for frying


Steps:
1.     Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
2.     Add in beer and whisk to combine.
3.     Heat oil in a large saucepan.
4.     Dip apple slices in batter. Shake off excess batter and fry till golden brown
5.     Drain the fritters from oil with paper towels.


It is fast and tasty so try it!

2 comments:

  1. So do the apples get soft when you fry them or are they crisp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frying process is rather quick. So it is light and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.

    ReplyDelete