Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pillowlike Cream Puffs

Everyone has a sweet tooth. One day after our dinner at home, my hubby asked "What's for dessert?" You should see the blank look on my face... Well, it didn't occurred to me that I missed out dessert! From that point, I realized that a complete meal is best to end with a sweet note. Yes, a dessert!


This week, I am conducting a baking class for a group of passionate and enthusiastic spouses/ partners of MIT students/ staff. After brainstorming, I think I will share something sweet so that they can end their dinner on a sweet note for their loved ones at home. Cream puff, it shall be!




Recipes (For 40 mini puffs)
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup water
  •   ½ cup butter
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 4 eggs



Steps:
1.      Preheat oven to 400°F.
2.      Heat water and butter to rolling boil in a saucepan.
3.      Stir in flour.
4.      Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
5.      Remove from heat.
6.      Cool for 10 minutes.
7.      Beat in eggs, all at once.
8.      Continue beating until smooth.
9.      Drop dough by scant 1 tbsp , leaving 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
10.   Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
11.   Remove and let it cool.
12.   Cut off tops and pull out the filament of soft dough. Fill puffs with custard or ice-cream.
13.   Serve with chocolate fudge or dusted confectioners’ sugar.

 I used the custard which I featured previously in my "Puffs with Fresh Custard and Raspberries". 

No comments:

Post a Comment